Silas the seventh generation made it to the Grieb Farmhouse Inn to celebrate Thanksgiving. We were blessed to have 5 generations represented at the original homestead for Thanksgiving this year.
Before our bountiful meal members of the family read parts of Psalm 100. A psalm of giving thanks:
- Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
- Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
- Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
- For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Sandi prayed a Thanksgiving prayer,
“Lord, We feel so blessed to have been given such a wonderful family. We ask that our roots would be deep in your love. Fill our hearts, friendships and homes with your truth and forgiveness. We thank you for each person, for their unique qualities and special characters. Watch over each one and keep them safe, fill their lives with your goodness, inspire their hearts to follow you, bless the work of their hands, and weave us all closer together. Thank you for this food you have faithfully provided. Amen”